Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2022



 May Photo Blogging Theme:  "One Hour"

Unlike last month, this month I did not forget to take photos for the challenge.  Only problem this month was I forgot to double check what the theme was.  In my mind, it was simply "one" and I set out to see what I could capture in one minute.   I actually did capture 5 photos of my subjects (bighorn sheep) in one minute.  But the problem was, a couple of weeks later when I went to pull out the five photos that represented one minute in time, I couldn't figure out exactly what five I took within a span of one minute as the date and time function on my camera is not working properly.  Thankfully, when I finally realized the theme was one hour, I know for sure the entire series of photos I took of the bighorns was taken within one hour.  Phew!

(1)  My first photo I will entitle "The Fab Four" - a pretty symmetrical shot of these four majestic bighorn      rams.  Two looking one way and the other pair looking the other way.  Ideal for keeping an eye on the territory, if you don't fall asleep.




(2) "Going" - this pair are looking quite sleepy.  They are not at all disturbed by my pretty close presence, although I will state that I was shooting with a 300 mm zoom lens.



(3)  "Going, going....."


(4)  "Going, going, gone" or "Out for the count" or "Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

(5) Over on the other side of the "Fab Four" the situation was replicated.  At least two of them did manage to keep semi-awake enough to be aware if a hungry wolf or cougar came their way.  It was a real treat to spend a minute watching these big guys "in action" so to speak. I will have to try and get back here, to Redstreak campground in Kootenay National Park, in the fall, to see if I can photograph them butting heads and not being best buddies.




2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Going, going, gone....like me after a long hike. Great series, Mandy. Hope you see them (or their distant relatives) in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, they're beautiful! You got rewarded for being patient, and you caught them napping!

    ReplyDelete