Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

 April Photo Blogging Challenge:   Enjoy Life

Oh my!  I have a confession to make.  I was too busy enjoying life in April that I completely forgot to take photographs with that theme in mind.  I forgot about the challenge until I saw a few posts from fellow photo bloggers.  My, did April fly by.  Thankfully, I had enough photos in my collection that fit the theme. I am glad it was such an easy theme to work with. 

1.  Family Time

There were a few enjoyable family get togethers in the month of April.  This one was an official family portrait taken during our Easter brunch.  I set up my new tripod and set the timer so I could be in the photo, along with my husband, son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter.  


2. Outside Family Time

I love this photo showing us enjoying time at our neighbourhood park.  It brings me so much joy so I have set it as my current desktop photo on my computer screen.  My granddaughter was hiding behind my son.  But that is okay as I am not in the habit of posting too many photos of her on the World Wide Web. 




3.  Enjoying Being Active, by Nature

For me, a big part of enjoying life is being active, outdoors in nature.  This month, we woke up our bikes from winter hibernation and got out on the roads and trails a bit.  There are so many wonderful cycling opportunities in and near Canmore.  Great news:  The Bow Valley Parkway (1A) from Banff to Johnston Canyon will be car free and open for cycling from May 1 to June 25 and again for a period in the fall.  We couldn't wait for May, but cycled 20 km of it on the last weekend in April. 




4. Enjoying My Work

Active by Nature is the name of my business.  I am a Nordic walking instructor and walking and hiking guide here in Canmore and in Kananaskis Country.  I absolutely love my work!  I always take photos of my clients and send an album of photos to them after their adventure with me.  Indeed, I love my work so much so that in a few days from now, when I hit 65, "retirement" age for many, I am going to keep right on working.  Here is my favourite guest photo from this month.



5.  Enjoying The Scenery

People often ask me if I have become nonchalant about the spectacular scenery in my hometown.  Never is the simple answer.  I never take it for granted.  It never ceases to "wow" me, even when it is not a brilliant bluebird day as it was a few days ago when I snapped this photo of Canmore's scenic Policeman's Creek. 




3 comments:

  1. Mandy, I was thinking how lucky we were this Easter to be able to celebrate with family members in person. Love your nature pictures on social media and in this post. Canada's mountains and lakes are simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly live in a beautiful part of the world! It's always gratifying to love your work. You have a lovely family.
    https://peripheralperceptions.wordpress.com/2022/05/03/april-photo-challenge-enjoy-life/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - if you pay attention to Mother Nature when you're out and about, it's impossible to take the beautiful Bow Valley for granted or have the scenery fade into the background. And it probably helps that your "work" involves showing visitors and locals some of your favourite sights. We rode from the Fendlands to Johnston Canyon and back the first week of May. One of the highlights? Watching an Osprey dive into the river and catch a fish, from the viewpoint where Colin's standing in the one photo. We are so grateful Parks Canada is running a three-year seasonal closure of the Parkway for cyclists and plan to ride it many times each year.

    ReplyDelete