Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2022

 March Photo Blogging Challenge:  Nine

The Lil HooHaa Photo Blogging Challenge has been running for nine years.  Thus, the theme of nine for this month.  I found this to be the most challenging month so far, although I have only been participating for about a year.   But I did manage to come up with five photos for the month, just in the nick of time.

(1) Nine Little Tracks:  I was out hiking and saw this neat set of tracks in the fresh snow.  With a little cropping magic, I was able to produce my first photographic entry for the theme of nine.  Now, you could argue that this represents 18 little feet.  But I am going to say this is nine sets of tiny footprints.  What left this sign of their passing?  I  thought it was a mouse.  But it must have been bounding to leave a set of tracks like this.   What do YOU think it was?



(2)  My friend Susan Yackulic came to Canmore early in March to compete in the World Masters Cross-Country Ski Championships held at the Canmore Nordic Centre.  The day she skied the 30 km skate ski race, my friend Marilyn and I positioned ourselves at a crucial spot to cheer her on.  The very long and steep upward section of Meadowview Trail is apparently know by ski racers as "puke hill" as is quite the challenge when you are racing!  It also happened to be one of the most scenic spots on the course!  We cheered on Sue and we cheered on lots of other competitiors.  I also snapped lots of photos and this one, by sheer coincidence and not design, has nine skiers in it.  




(3) The day my friend Susan left for home, I began my annual "Women of Winter" adventure which was four days in a row of fabulous outdoor adventures: hiking the Evan Thomas Trail, snowshoeing to Wapta Falls, visiting the Natural Bridge over the Kicking Horse River and cross-country skiing at Lake Louise.  Four of us enjoyed a lovely supper together at my house one evening (a first such gathering since the pandemic began) and one of my dear friends gave me a bunch of tulips.  I removed a few to get this lovely collection of nine.  




(4) The month was drawing to an end and I still did not have five photos depicting the nine theme.  Then one day, I looked out on our snow-covered deck to see the distinct shadow of the railings.  One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine...... good to go!





(5) I went out around town looking to find nine elk to complete my collection but I had to settle for nine mallard ducks.  Look carefully as there are indeed nine ducks in this photo although one female is quite well camouflaged in the top right corner.  Whew!  I made it!  










 

2 comments:

  1. Good job finding nines this month! I love tulips but it's so windy here in the spring, they get blown to bits as soon as they open. I'm pretty much done with snow and cold temperatures. I hope our weather is done with it too!
    https://peripheralperceptions.wordpress.com/2022/04/02/march-photo-challenge-nine/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those female mallards can be very hard to spot. Great job framing the shot to get exactly nine feathered friends in one image. All your photos are great this month. The way Old Man Winter is hanging on, maybe our tulip bulbs will bloom by June? Or they'll have to make their way up through the snow. :)

    ReplyDelete