Pages

Friday, February 3, 2023

January Photo Challenge:  Nice, New & Looking Ahead


(1) Nice Snow Carving!

The Banff SnowDays Festival featured some fantastic snow carvings.  I photographed this one at night and it was my favourite.  Just look at how intricate this snow carving is.  Look at the detail of the forest, the cabin and the creek that spills out of the sphere:  




 (2)  New Hike

King Creek Ridge is a hike we have been thinking about doing for years.  January 1, 2023 we finally did it.  Unlike Mrs. Geoks experience, we lucked out with great conditions under foot and bluebird skies.  It was one of the best hiking days we have ever had!



(3)  Nice Skate!

What a wild skate it was on Lake Minnewanka in January!  The weather had been quite mild for a few days, which left puddles of water on top of the thick layer of ice.  It was just a bit disconcerting to skate through puddles of water, but the ice was thick and safe and made for some awesome reflections.





4. A New Day Begins at Cascade Ponds

And I was there to capture it and this group of six young elk bulls just waking up.



5. Looking Ahead

I am looking ahead to retiring in a year's time.  This will actually be a wind-up year for my Active by Nature business.  I am looking ahead to having more time to spend on developing my photography skills and purchasing some new camera equipment.  I am looking ahead to capturing more sunrises, like this:


But in the immediate future, I am looking ahead to next month's photo blogging challenge!

Cheers everyone!


Mandy


No comments:

Post a Comment