Pages

Friday, July 2, 2021

June Photo Blogger Challenge: DIY

 June Photoblogger Challenge:  DIY


I must admit, the theme for the June Challenge caused me some stress, as I wracked my brain to come up with some ideas, not being much of a DIYer.  But in the end, I "gott'er done!"


Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies

I do not excel in the kitchen.  I must admit, my husband does most of the cooking.  However, the challenge inspired me to put on my apron and bake up a batch of my favourite chocolate chip cookies. 

 


OMG, I think I will leave the computer after filing my blog and make another batch!  Looking at this photo has me longing for more. 


DIY Garden Planters

Visiting any garden centre, I always drool at the gorgeous flower planters.  Then I look at the price tag and cry.  They are not in my budget.  So, my garden planters are all solid DIY projects and thus, a qualifying subject for this month's photo blogging challenge.  


Unfortunately, after this week's brutal heat wave, they are not looking this perky.  Hopefully, I can revive them to look like this again.


DIY Travel Trailering

A major lifestyle change for us this year was purchasing a teardrop travel trailer.  We took it a short distance away for its maiden voyage to get familiar with "Farley's" operating systems and work out any issues.  There were a few challenges.  We could not generate any hot water to christen the shower unit.  When we arrived, with no electrical service, the trailer battery was already low for some reason.  We couldn't get the radio to play the music from our phones using Bluetooth.  The back-up camera on the trailer was not working.  The very next trip, I soloed it, driving to Elk Island National Park just east of Edmonton, managing to solve most of the issues.  My friend Marilyn also had a new campervan, "Lexi".  This was Lexi's second trip and this time Marilyn was also "DIYing it!"  We were both successful in managing our respective home on wheels and feeling quite proud of ourselves.  Plus it was a super fun weekend camping with other gal-pals who were tenting it.  Introducing, Lexi (foreground) and Farley (background).  Many more adventures to come, with our respective partners and also now, by doing it ourselves, with confidence.  



A Selfie!

When the theme for June was announced, my mind jumped immediately to taking a selfie as being a sure-fire DIY photo for the photo blogging challenge.  Here is my best effort for the month.  I went to my favourite little local waterfall, set up my camera, put the timer on for 10 seconds and ran into the frame.  I took lots of photos.  May I now present...... my DIY photo..... tah dah.....


I was hoping to use a slow shutter speed and get that misted effect, with me standing real still so I would not be blurry.  But try as I might, the sun kept popping out from behind the clouds every time the timer expired and the shutter clicked.  This was the best of the bunch.  I should have dragged along Mrs. Geoks for her considerable expertise in this regard, but then it wouldn't really have been a selfie, would it?


Home Improvement DIY

My husband Colin was off work for the month of June, recovering from knee surgery.  The inactivity was driving him bonkers.  He started a traditional home improvement  DIY project of sanding the deck towards the end of the month, negotiating into position using his crutches, then standing for short periods of time to sand a section.  At other times he would sit on the edge of the deck and sand from there.  This was just a slow start to what will be a summer-long DIY project.  I will have to see if I can work the finished product into a future photo blog.  Although it certainly won't be for July's "happy" theme.  We have many months to go before this DIY project is complete.  Actually, I think it will be a challenge to finish it before the deck is once again covered in snow.  


And it is a wrap.  Look at that.  I needn't have stressed at all.  I am proud of my effort.  Next month's theme of "happy" will be a breeze as I can already think of so many things that make me happy.  The challenge will be cutting it down to just five entries.  Could we not submit ten for next month?  Pretty please???





No comments:

Post a Comment